Camino Vecinal S/N
El Cercado - Vallehermoso
La Gomera, Canarias, Españaa.
About the accommodation
Independent rural house with 1 room on the ground floor and a room in the attic.
One inside terrace and another outside terrace with panoramic view.
Others things to note:
Ideal lodging for 2 couples.
One master bedroom on ground floor.
One additional bedroom (for people with no mobility restrictions)
The second bedroom is located in an open attic and is furnished with a double bed. Access is through a Japanese style ladder.
Not recommended for families with young children or people with restricted mobility.
El Cercado neighborhood with the best artisan workshops of traditional Gomeran pottery 100 meters away.
- Restaurants with traditional food from Gomera 150 meters away.
- Beach 15 kilometers away in Valle Gran Rey Ideal area for hiking:
- Garajonay National Park - Laguna Grande -at 20 minutes walking.
- Sendero of Valle Gran Rey, from Bar de María, 200 meters from your home.
- Sendero of Chipude - La Fortalez - Erque and Erquito, at the foot of the road from the Plaza de El Cercado.
- Sendero of Las Hayas - Arure - Taguluche - with exit in front of María's bar.
is located 40 minutes by car from the Airport:
- Vueltas Harbour - Valle Gran Rey - at 30 minutes by car.
- San Sebastián Harbour: 40 minutes by car.
- Bus stop - El Cercado - 15 minutes walking from your home.
- Valle Gran Rey Beach 30 minutes by car.
- Playa Santiago Beach 40 minutes by car.
If you are into sports and outdoor activities:
There are several hiking trails you may take, right from the heart of the village without the need for a vehicle.
Canyoning, mountain and rock climbing expeditions available and tailored to your needs and level of expertise.
Snorkeling and Scuba diving club right in the village, sailing is also available but you must make a reservation.
Water sports on the shore, right on the boardwalk and Avenida Maritima.
Deep Sea Fishing trips and whale watching expeditions can also be arranged.
If you love peace and quiet, and you wish to be on your own, there is a wide range of options for you as well:
- Garajonay National Park: This amazing local attraction is only a half hour drive away. Through a fairytale forest you can visit Las Mimbreras, and crossing over wooden bridges view the creek of El Cedro, a truly spectacular setting for a day of hiking an enjoying nature.
- On the southern side of the island, only a half hour away from San Sebastian, visit Playa de Santiago, with its stunning volcanic black sand and calm, clear water beaches of Tapahuga, El Medio and Chinguarime, where you will surely find the solace you seek.
- San Sebastian, 15 minute drive to the quaint rural area of Chejelipes, where you can enjoy and understand the true origin of the water cycle on this tiny and peculiar island. If you wish to follow the course of the water, nature has pleasant surprises in store for you!
Villages to visit:
- Hermigua: A 20 minute drive. This quaint village extends from the mountain to the sea, spreading over the gorgeous cliffs.
- Agulo: 25 minute drive. A charming village where time stood still. Fun little bars, tascas and restaurants with some of the best offers in La Gomera’s gastronomic scene.
- Vallehermoso: 40 minute drive. Palm groves and junipers surround scattered farmhouses and tiny roadside settlements on the spectacular ravine. Don’t miss the magical lagoon formed by the dam of La Encantadora (The Enchantress) and have a wonderful short hike.
- Valle Gran Rey: About an hour away from San Sebastian. Visit the other side of the island. Barely upon your arrival, once you catch a glimpse of the view from the Cesar Manrique vantage point the drive will have been worth your while. Monumental cliffs, hand carved farming terraces, extensive reed beds and hundreds of palm trees from which local “Guarapo” artisans extract the delicious syrup are some of the local attractions. You will also find the best fresh fish and local seafood on the village’s seaside restaurants.
Don’t miss out on the magical sunsets on this side of the island and create memories you’ll never forget!
If you’ve been lucky enough to visit Laguna Grande, La Fortaleza, Lomo del Cepo, Tamargada, Cumbres de Chijeré, or Arguamul we’ll be waiting for you on your next visit.
We’re sure you’ll be wanting to see more of this Deep Gomera.