Calle La Alameda, 36
Valle Gran Rey
La Gomera, Canarias, España.
About the accommodation
Apartments located in La Calera.
All the apartments have either a balcony or terrace that offer magnificent views of the valley.
The lodgings are built in two separate housing modules
• Bella 1- Studio type apartment with maximum capacity for two guests
• Bella 2- 1 bedroom apartment with maximum capacity for three guests.
• Lis1- 2 bedroom apartment. One bedroom has a master bed, the other one has two twin size beds.
• Lis 2- 2 bedroom apartment. One bedroom has a master bed, the other one has two twin size beds.
Others things to note:
Pets are not allowed.
Smoking is prohibited inside the apartments.
La Calera, the area where the lodging is located, has shopping, market and restaurant service close by.
The starting point of the climbing trail to La Merica cliff is right in front of the apartment complex.
The establishment is located 45 minutes by car from the Airport.
Vueltas Harbour, less than 25 minutes walking.
Bus station 15 minutes walking.
Beach, 10 minutes walkking.
Supermarket, pharmacies, medical centers and other services on the street adjacent.
If you are into sports and outdoor activities:
There are several hiking trails you may take, right from the heart of the village without the need for a vehicle.
Canyoning, mountain and rock climbing expeditions available and tailored to your needs and level of expertise.
Snorkeling and Scuba diving club right in the village, sailing is also available but you must make a reservation.
Water sports on the shore, right on the boardwalk and Avenida Maritima.
Deep Sea Fishing trips and whale watching expeditions can also be arranged.
If you love peace and quiet, and you wish to be on your own, there is a wide range of options for you as well:
- Garajonay National Park: This amazing local attraction is only a half hour drive away. Through a fairytale forest you can visit Las Mimbreras, and crossing over wooden bridges view the creek of El Cedro, a truly spectacular setting for a day of hiking an enjoying nature.
- On the southern side of the island, only a half hour away from San Sebastian, visit Playa de Santiago, with its stunning volcanic black sand and calm, clear water beaches of Tapahuga, El Medio and Chinguarime, where you will surely find the solace you seek.
- San Sebastian, 15 minute drive to the quaint rural area of Chejelipes, where you can enjoy and understand the true origin of the water cycle on this tiny and peculiar island. If you wish to follow the course of the water, nature has pleasant surprises in store for you!
Villages to visit:
- Hermigua: A 20 minute drive. This quaint village extends from the mountain to the sea, spreading over the gorgeous cliffs.
- Agulo: 25 minute drive. A charming village where time stood still. Fun little bars, tascas and restaurants with some of the best offers in La Gomera’s gastronomic scene.
- Vallehermoso: 40 minute drive. Palm groves and junipers surround scattered farmhouses and tiny roadside settlements on the spectacular ravine. Don’t miss the magical lagoon formed by the dam of La Encantadora (The Enchantress) and have a wonderful short hike.
- Valle Gran Rey: About an hour away from San Sebastian. Visit the other side of the island. Barely upon your arrival, once you catch a glimpse of the view from the Cesar Manrique vantage point the drive will have been worth your while. Monumental cliffs, hand carved farming terraces, extensive reed beds and hundreds of palm trees from which local “Guarapo” artisans extract the delicious syrup are some of the local attractions. You will also find the best fresh fish and local seafood on the village’s seaside restaurants.
Don’t miss out on the magical sunsets on this side of the island and create memories you’ll never forget!
If you’ve been lucky enough to visit Laguna Grande, La Fortaleza, Lomo del Cepo, Tamargada, Cumbres de Chijeré, or Arguamul we’ll be waiting for you on your next visit.
We’re sure you’ll be wanting to see more of this Deep Gomera.
Rooms and beds
- Towels, bed sheets
- Hair dryer
- Smoking not allowed
- Wi Fi
- Basic equipment for cooking